Developing Development Program
Developing Development Program
Developing Development Program (DDP) is a complete training and coaching experience for up to six members of your staff and board.
DDP is a 12-month fund development program designed to help organizations build the tools and strategies they need to raise more money and deepen their impact in the community. It is the only program in our region that brings together both staff and board members to create and implement a robust fund development plan.
What You’ll Get
- Custom coaching for your team focused on fund development strategy
- 6 half-day training sessions for up to six staff and board members — You can rotate participants throughout the program!
- A staff training clinic dedicated to building your case for support
- Detailed assessment of your fund development program
- Team building tools and strategies to apply towards your long-term fund development goals
- A supportive cohort of nonprofit peers
What You’ll Learn
DDP will give you the practical tools to build a robust development program, leading you and your team towards greater success and sustainability. Topics for DDP 2018-2019 include:
- Building a team-based approach to fund development
- Engaging your board leadership in fund development
- Writing your Fund Development Plan
- Developing Your Case for Support
- Making the Ask
What sets DDP apart?
- Coaching: Your organization will be matched with an executive-level consultant. As your coach, your consultant will provide a comprehensive Fund Development Assessment of your existing fund development program, guide you through key development benchmarks and, most importantly, support you in implementing a fund development plan aligned with your specific organizational needs. With the guidance of your consultant, you will complete various projects throughout the program, including preparing for and making an in-person ask.
- Class Training: Sustainable development depends on your entire team, not just one or two individuals. Your team will explore diverse fund development topics focused on individual giving and sustainability. DDP participants are encouraged to bring up to six staff and board members to each session. You may rotate participants throughout the program.
- Peer Learning: You will join a dynamic cohort of fellow nonprofit leaders and board members to form a supportive and confidential forum in which to share knowledge and personal experiences and to explore new strategies for dealing with challenging situations. Together, you will learn to communicate your impact to your community of supporters.
Meet Your DDP Lead Instructor
Your lead facilitator and guide to fund development success is Janet McIntyre, ESC’s Vice President of Programs and Training. Janet is a certified coach with more than twenty years’ experience in nonprofit leadership and fund development roles. To view Janet’s bio, click here.
Special rate thanks to our generous program sponsors the Resnick Foundation and The Capital Group Companies Charitable Foundation.
Up to six staff and board members can attend the 12-month program:
- Early Bird: $2,500/organization
- General Deadline: $2,750/organization
Due after acceptance into program
The full program value of $7,500 has been partially underwritten by our generous sponsors. Ask about additional financial assistance that may be available for eligible organizations to further reduce your program fees.
Contact Janet McIntyre, Vice President of Programs and Training, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get an application today. There are TWO spots available left for the 2019-2020 DDP cohort. Don’t delay, apply today!
All sessions will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at The California Endowment building,
1000 N. Alameda St., Los Angeles, CA 90012.
- Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2019
- Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2020
- Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020
- Tuesday, Mar. 10, 2020
- Tuesday, May 12, 2020
- Thursday, Sep. 10, 2020
Questions? Want to Know More?
For more information, please contact Janet McIntyre, DDP Lead Instructor and Vice President of Programs and Training at email@example.com or (213) 613-9103 x20. You may also download the 2019-2020 DDP Brochure.
Recent DDP Cohorts
- Caltech Y
- EmpowHer Institute
- EntreNous Youth Empowerment Services
- Grand Vision Foundation
- Immaculate Heart Community
- Jewish World Watch
- Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust
- NewGround: A Muslim-Jewish Partnership for Change
- Temple Emanuel of Beverly Hills
- Alliance of Women Directors
- American Youth Soccer Organization
- Downtown Women’s Center
- Kehillat Israel Reconstructionist Congregation
- Pathways LA
- Resurrection Catholic School
- Switzer Learning Center
- Urban Community Outreach
- The Achievable Foundation
- Bresee Foundation
- Community Senior Services
- Elemental Music
- Extraordinary Families
- Guardian Angel School
- Los Angeles Conservation Corps
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition
- New Roads School
- Richstone Family Center
- St. Barnabas Senior Services
- Toberman Neighborhood Center
- WomenShelter of Long Beach
- Asian Youth Center
- GO Campaign
- HEAR Center
- Immaculate Conception School
- League of Women Voters of Los Angeles
- River LA
- SCS Noonan Scholars
- St. Gertrude the Great Catholic School
- St. Patrick Catholic School
- UCLA Labor Center
- Vocational Visions
What Do DDP Participants Say?
“DDP truly accelerated AYSO’s fund development program! The combination of ESC-led training and our ESC coach gave our team and board new knowledge and best practices to effectively expand our fundraising efforts.”
“DDP was the catalyst for instrumental change at Bresee! From our systems and structures to our senior leadership and board, we now have the capacity and confidence to sustain our mission for years to come.”
Want more DDP testimonials?
Hear firsthand from recent DDP participant Jennifer Warren, Chair of the Alliance of Women Directors!