Executive Directors Leadership Institute (EDLI)
Executive Directors Leadership Institute
The Wells Fargo Executive Directors Leadership Institute (EDLI) is a 12-month leadership coaching program designed to help both new and experienced Executive Directors transform their leadership, strengthen their network and guide their organizations toward long-term sustainability.
This program provides dedicated one-on-one coaching, peer learning and comprehensive training, which helps nonprofit leaders turn their visions into reality. It is the only program designed exclusively for nonprofit Executive Directors in our region that combines long-term coaching and training.
The program begins January 2020!
What You’ll Get
- One-on-one coaching with a highly-trained, executive-level consultant who will serve as your thought partner and coach throughout the program
- Interactive peer learning and networking opportunities with a cohort of fellow Executive Directors
- 7 full-day training sessions over a one-year period
- Expert instruction and comprehensive training topics to help you shape the culture of your organization and strengthen your leadership
What You’ll Learn
EDLI will give you the practical tools and strategies to build critical leadership skills and transform the effectiveness and impact of your organization.
Topics for EDLI 2020 include:
- Creating your organization’s culture and managing politics
- Leading fiscal accountability and responsibility
- Managing your board strategically
- Implementing Executive Director performance evaluation
- Building and sustaining a healthy fund development culture
- Planning for succession
- Developing your staff
What sets EDLI apart?
- Coaching: You will be matched one-on-one with a executive-level consultant. As your thought partner and coach, your consultant will listen to your specific organizational needs, help you identify opportunities and solutions, and support you as you complete and present a personalized strategic project. You and your coach will design a customized coaching plan to support your leadership goals. Past participants who have taken advantage of more than 40 hours of coaching throughout the year often report the biggest transformation in their leadership approach.
- Peer Learning: You will join a diverse cohort of fellow nonprofit leaders to build a supportive and confidential forum in which to share knowledge and personal experience, develop peer coaching skills and explore new strategies for dealing with challenging situations. Together, you will learn how to leverage your emotional intelligence to lead your organization and staff to better fulfill your mission.
- Class Training: You will explore comprehensive leadership topics and strengthen your management skills through a series of guided lectures and interactive exercises with real world applications. These lectures will be taught by nonprofit management expert Janet Schulman. Additional guest instructors will provide further depth on topics including nonprofit financial management.
Meet Your EDLI Lead Instructor
Non-profit management expert Janet Schulman will lead you through the curriculum. Janet is a recognized leader in the nonprofit sector with more than 30 years of experience in executive positions. She served as the Founding Executive Director of Big Sisters of Los Angeles and as the CEO of Special Olympics Southern California. She holds a MSW from Boston University and a MPA from University of California, Los Angeles.
Special rate of $1,950/participant, thanks to our generous program sponsors the Wells Fargo Foundation and the Resnick Foundation. Fees will be due after acceptance into the program.
The full program value of $5,750 has been partially underwritten by our generous sponsors. Ask about additional financial assistance that may be available for eligible organizations to further reduce your program fees.
Upon receipt of application, you will be contacted to schedule an in-person interview.
All sessions will be held at The California Endowment Building
1000 N. Alameda St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2020
- Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2020
- Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- Wednesday, Jun. 17, 2020
- Wednesday, Aug. 5, 2020
- Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2020
- Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020
Questions? Want to Know More?
For more information, please contact Janet McIntyre, Vice President of Programs and Training, at email@example.com or (213) 613-9103 x20, or Meghan Maloney, Volunteer and Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 613-9103 x19.
Recent EDLI Cohorts
- Arlington Garden in Pasadena
- Art Share Los Angeles
- Connections for Children
- Coro Southern California
- Extraordinary Families
- InsideOUT Writers
- Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- South Central LAMP
- Union Station Homeless Services
- Urban Community Outreach
- West Hollywood Community Housing Corp
- Youth Business Alliance
- YWCA San Gabriel Valley
- The Achievable Foundation
- The Arc Los Angeles & Orange Counties
- Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times
- CASA of Los Angeles
- Centinela Youth Services, Inc.
- Chai Village LA
- GrowGood Farm
- Harbor Community Clinic
- Partners for Pediatric Vision
- Rainbow Services
- SPIRITT Family Services
- Su Casa – Ending Domestic Violence
- Synergy Academies
- Urban Peace Institute
- Viver Brasil Dance Company
- A Window Between Worlds
- Community Corporation of Santa Monica
- Family Promise of the Verdugos
- Grandparents as Parents
- Instituto de Educación Popular del Sur de California (IDEPSCA)
- Invertigo Dance Theatre
- The Jeffrey Foundation
- Jewish World Watch
- Los Angeles Latino Chamber of Commerce
- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) Greater LA
- Odyssey Charter School
- Partnership Scholars Program
- PLUS ME Project
- The Promises Foundation
- St. Baldrick’s Foundation
- Taking the Reins
- Coro Southern California
- The Guidance Center
- Launch Productions Inc.
- Los Angeles Conservation Corps
- Los Angeles Food Policy Council
- Matrix Institute on Addictions
- NewGround: A Muslim-Jewish Partnership for Change
- North Valley Caring Services
- PATH Ventures
- Reading Opens Minds
- Student Debt Crisis
- Sustainable Works
- Youth Speak Collective
What do our EDLI graduates say?
“Through EDLI, I was able to save my career! I refocused on what was important and have regained my passion and energy as a leader. Now, I am confident in guiding Achievable towards a new era of innovation.”
“I was able to navigate my first year as ED with ease and grace largely thanks to EDLI and my coach!”
Want more EDLI testimonials?
Hear firsthand from EDLI participant Anne Miskey, Chief Executive Officer of Union Station Homeless Services!