For more than 15 years, EDLI has offered dedicated one-on-one coaching, peer learning and comprehensive training, which helps nonprofit leaders turn their visions into reality. It is the only program designed exclusively for nonprofit Executive Directors that combines long-term coaching and training.
As the pandemic continues to affect the nonprofit landscape, leaving leaders to think about the immediate and long-term consequences impacting their organizations, we recognize how important it is to have a community of peers to help you feel less isolated and more connected.
Join EDLI this year to discover your own community to lean on and trust for good peer support. Through the year-long program, you’ll gain new opportunities to build relationships with other nonprofit leaders, as well as learn about the resources available to help you think more strategically and develop solutions to the extraordinary challenges you may face. With in-depth training and personalized coaching, the dynamic EDLI program responds to the emerging needs of nonprofit leaders of today.
- One-on-one coaching with a highly-trained, executive-level consultant who will serve as your leadership coach for 12 months
- Interactive peer learning and networking opportunities with a cohort of fellow Executive Directors
- 10 training sessions (each 2-4 hours) over a one-year period that will consist of expert instruction and comprehensive training topics to help you lead your nonprofit.
EDLI will give you practical tools and strategies to build critical leadership skills and transform the effectiveness and impact of your organization.
Topics for EDLI 2021 include:
- Shaping and sustaining your organization’s culture
- Managing your board strategically
- Shifting the politics of your nonprofit
- Leading fiscal accountability and responsibility
- Building a stronger development team comprised of both your board and staff
- Deepening your organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Developing your staff
- Planning for organizational succession and leadership continuity
- Leveraging your emotional intelligence to lead strategically
- Implementing Executive Director performance evaluation
- Additional discussion topics may be customized based on the input of the cohort and based on its evolving needs over the course of the year.
- You will be matched with one of our consultants who will serve as your leadership coach for 12 months. As your thought partner and coach, your consultant will listen to your specific organizational needs, help you identify opportunities and solutions, and support you as you complete and present a personalized strategic project. Past participants who have taken advantage of more than 40 hours (approximately 2 sessions per month) of coaching throughout the year often report the biggest transformation in their leadership approach.
- You will join a cohort of fellow nonprofit leaders to build a supportive and confidential forum in which to share knowledge and personal experience, develop peer coaching skills and explore new strategies for dealing with challenging situations. Together, you will learn how to leverage your emotional intelligence to lead your organization and staff to better fulfill your mission.
- You will explore comprehensive leadership topics and strengthen your nonprofit management skills through a series of workshops that will cover the topics listed above. Through presentations, facilitated discussions, and interactive exercises with real world applications, instructors with subject matter expertise and nonprofit experience will help create a dynamic learning environment for you and your cohort. These lectures will be led by a group of instructors from diverse backgrounds and expert knowledge about nonprofit management.
“I was able to navigate my first year as ED with ease and grace largely thanks to EDLI and my coach!”
Executive Director, Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times, EDLI 2018
Special rate thanks to our generous program sponsors the Wells Fargo Foundation and the Resnick Foundation. Fees will be due after acceptance into the program.
- Early bird fee $1,800/participant
- General deadline fee $1,950/participant
The full program value of $5,750 has been partially underwritten by our generous sponsors.
Apply now through our online form below or contact staff with any questions:
- Janet N. McIntyre, Vice President of Programs and Training, at email@example.com
- Meghan Maloney, Volunteer and Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Starts February 2021
Space is limited so apply now!
Upon receipt of application, you will be contacted to schedule a virtual interview.
EDLI will begin as a virtual program. If public health guidelines permit in-person gatherings in 2021, we may shift to an in-person format or a hybrid of both in-person and virtual. Virtual sessions will be between 2 to 4 hours in duration and will take place between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Zoom. Any in-person sessions that may occur will be held at The California Endowment building in downtown LA.
- Wednesday, February 10, 2021
- Wednesday, March 3, 2021
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021
- Wednesday, May 5, 2021
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021
- Wednesday, July 7, 2021
- Wednesday, August 4, 2021
- Wednesday September 1, 2021
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021
“Being part of EDLI, has strengthened me so much, it has given me confidence, it has given me support, and it has given me a lot of practical tools to do my job.”
Mason Funk, Executive Director
The Outwords Archive
Recent EDLI Cohorts
- Anti-Recividism Coalition
- Beit T-Shuvah
- College Match
- Friends of the Observatory
- Fuente Latina
- Glendale Arts
- Healing California
- Innovative Housing Opportunities
- Institute for Public Strategies
- LEAP (Leadership Education for Asian Pacifics)
- Karsh Family Social Service Center Inc.
- The Outwords Archive, Inc.
- Southside Coalition of Community Health Centers
- Toberman Neighborhood Center
- Urban Voices Project
- Arlington Garden in Pasadena
- Art Share Los Angeles
- Connections for Children
- Coro Southern California
- Extraordinary Families
- InsideOUT Writers
- Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- South Central LAMP
- Union Station Homeless Services
- Urban Community Outreach
- West Hollywood Community Housing Corp
- Youth Business Alliance
- YWCA San Gabriel Valley
- The Achievable Foundation
- The Arc Los Angeles & Orange Counties
- Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times
- CASA of Los Angeles
- Centinela Youth Services, Inc.
- Chai Village LA
- GrowGood Farm
- Harbor Community Clinic
- Partners for Pediatric Vision
- Rainbow Services
- SPIRITT Family Services
- Su Casa – Ending Domestic Violence
- Synergy Academies
- Urban Peace Institute
- Viver Brasil Dance Company
- A Window Between Worlds